sábado, 24 de mayo de 2014

CLIL UNIT: The continents

Title: The continents
Subject: Geography
Course: 1º ESO
Timing: 8 sessions


The Content objectives for this unit will be:

-          learn about the physical features, climate and vegetation of the continents
-          to analyse the relationship between relief and climate
-          to locate on the map the main characteristics of the relief for each continent
-          to locate on the map the different climates for: Africa, Asia, America and Oceania (Europe will be studied in another unit)
-          to compare maps and draw conclusions

You will find the template of this unit here:

Session 1 and 2: An introduction to the unit and the presentation of Africa.
First, I will make some questions in oral to know how much information they know about this topic.
I will be in the classroom with a laptop and I will make a presentation of the subject.
After this, I will propose some activities to the students.

Resources:
-          activities from the book "Essential Geopgraphy and History" Santillana  

With these resources we will work individually doing the activities from the book and the photocopy about the puzzle from Africa. We will work in groups viewing the map and the video of Africa.
I will make some questions from the video and a final quizz.
I will try to motivate the students with these activities, to help them to understand the information and to know new vocabulary.

Session 3 and 4: presentation of Asia

I will use a laptop in the classroom to show my students a physical map of Asia and a map with the Asian climates.
I will use the texts from the book.
I will propose some activities to the students using the maps so they can learn the most important features from the relief, rivers, lakes and the climate.


Resources:
-          Activities from the book "Essential Geopgraphy and History" Santillana

The activities from the book will be done in the notebook, but they can work in pairs to solve them. The photocopies should be done individually.
The game will be done in groups.

Session 5 and 6: presentation of America

I will use a laptop in the classroom to show a physical map of America and a map with the American climates.
I will use the texts from the book.
I will propose some activities using the maps and a game.
The purpose is to show some important information about the relief, rivers, lakes and climate from America.

Resources:
-          Activities from the book "Essential Geopgraphy and History" Santillana


The activities from the book will be done in the notebook, but they can work in pairs to solve them. The photocopies should be done individually.
The score games will be done in groups

Session 7 and 8: presentation of Oceania:

I will use a laptop in the classroom to show a physical map of America and a map of Oceania.
I will use the texts from the book.
I will propose some activities using the maps and a game.
The purpose is to show some important information about the relief, the landscape and the climate from Oceania.

Resources:
-          Activities from the book "Essential Geopgraphy and History" Santillana
-          a survey about the unit

The activities from the book will be done in the notebook, but they can work in pairs to solve them. The photocopies should be done individually.
The quizzes will be done in pairs. The survey will be done individually and it will be anonymous, it will give me an important feedback about my teaching.

Clil Unit done by María Iriarte Aríztegui




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario