CLIL didactic unit
Subject: Arts and Crafts. Teacher: Amelia Ramírez Nieto.
Title of the Unit: "Animals" Course / Level: First Cycle. First Year.
1. Learning outcomes / Evaluation criteria:
- To study and analyse works of art and understand the images in them.
- To learn how to make drawings from sketches.
- To apply different shades of colour using perspective.
- To understand different shades of colour using perspective.
- To use geometric figures creatively.
- To respect self-made artwork and the artwork of others.
2. Subject Content:
- Proportions of the human body and the bodies of animals.
- Use sketches to make drawings.
- Use colour and shades of colour.
- Introduction to perspective.
- Understand the relationship between animals and their prints.
- Geometric shapes: squares, triangles, circles.
- Respect the work of others.
3. Language Content / Communication:
- Nouns: rabbit, bird, basket, worm, fish, mouse,…
- Verbs: look, can, see, colour, write, cut, draw, fold, staple,…
- Prepositions: in, on, along,…
- Geometris shapes: squares, triangles, circles.
· Routines: Communicative skills: Have you animals in your house?; Is it your pet?; …
· Contenido: Comparatives: big- bigger; small- smaller; long- longer; short- shorter.
· Classroom management: "Order and cleanliness in the work"; "More to work and less to speak".
Language skills/ Discourse type
Reading, listening and speaking.
4. Cultural element:
To know to the animals in order that they learn to take care of them.
5. Cognitive (thinking) skills:
Analysis, relation of ideas, evaluation of results.
6. Tasks/ Activities:
They are varied, meaningful, entertaining but informative, among them we can find:
- Introductory activities. For example:
Start the class by asking the children the following questions:
Do you have any pets at home? Which ones?
What´are their names?
What do you have to do take care of them?
Remind them of the importance of taking good care of pets.
- Activities of development. For example:
- Presentation and revision of vocabulary through flashcards.
- Watch a video in Youtube "Baby Einstein Baby animals" at www.youtube.com/watch?=AB2CdXVKDWs
- Give examples of several objects and ask the childern to image the print they would leave. For example, the objects could be a cup, a shand, a CD, a square paint pot.
- The pupils should do the activity in the book, following these steps: colour the baby chick yellow; stick pieces of shiny paper on the eggshell; draw the nest below the eggshell.
- Extension activities. For example:
- The students should bring different photos or drawings of animals to class and glue each image in the middle of a white piece of paper. Have them cut out pieces of shiny paper of various colours the same size as the image.
- Reinforcemet activities. For example:
The children can use the Internet to find various arts and crafts activities from this unit. For example, they can look at this web page:
7. Methodology/ class distribution / timing:
· Methodology and class distribution:
These are the four aspects on which the CLIL approach is based:
- Autonomous learning.
- Cooperative learning.
- Task-based approach.
- Learner centred.
There are also other aspects to bear in mind:
- Students will be in contact with significant communicative and comprehensible data, which are near to their interests.
- The previous knowledge of the unit will be taken into account.
- Students should learn to learn, they should be provided with strategies that will allow them to develop autonomous learning.
- We should promote the pupils' positive attitude towards the Foreign Language, towards the peers and themselves, giben the importance of emotional factors in present-day society.
it must facilitate both individual and group learning
This DU will be carried out through two weeks. It consists of 6 lessons
and this would be session number 2. Each session is divided into the
following parts: warming up activities, input, practice, reinforcement and out of class activities.
8. Resources / Materials:
Books, note-pad of drawing and fotocopies.
School usual material: pencil, rubber, colors, etc.
Entre los materiales que vamos a usar para llevar a cabo las actividades AICLE y para soporte y apoyo de las mismas (andamiaje) estarán:
· Presentaciones y vídeos que se van a usar:
~ Webquest Visita a la granja: http://nogal.mentor.mec.es/~lbag0000/html/webque_1.HTM
~ "Baby Einstein Baby animals" at www.youtube.com/watch?=AB2CdXVKDWs
· Ejercicio interactivo sobre animales con quizlet: http://quizlet.com/43633985/flashcards. Primero se escuchará la pronunciación en la presentación y a continuación se pasará sin voz para que los alumnos sean los que pronuncien.
También hemos creado una presentación de animales que pueden ser mascota de los niños y se la enseñaremos para motivarles y para reforzar el vocabulario.
El enlace es http://reelapp.com/05b78e.
· Elaboración de andamiaje mediante tabla, donde los alumnos deben escribir el nombre o imagen correspondiente y se hará al finalizar la unidad. Sirve para apoyar tanto al contenido lingüístico como al de la materia.
9. Basic Competences:
All through this unit, we will deal with all the basic competences, but specially with the following ones:
- Cultural and artistic competence: Students will develop these competences through the contents in this unit.
- Autonomy and individual initiative: Select and use a variety of art materials; use imagination and creativity to desing animals for a drawing of a jungle; prepare the materials for a project beforehand.
- Social and civic competence: Respect the works or art that make up our cultural heritage.
- Interaction with the physical world: Demonstrate knowledge of some animals and their main characteristics; Learn perspective in drawing by choosing the correct shade of colour to represent distance.
- Learning to learn: Learn a new drawing technique that can be used in the future; Use deductive reasoning to understand the text and images and learn new techniques.
- Communication skills: Respect the basic rules of communication in group discussions; Read and understand instructions to complete the activity.
- Information and thechnology managent: Improve computer skills and discover the possibilities that the Internet offers
- Math skills: Recognise basic geometric shapes and use them correctly in drawings.
10. Evaluation (criteria and instruments):
- Evaluate if the students can describe and analyse Works of art.
- Asses if the know how to draw the body of an animal using sketches.
- Check that they can draw the animal that corresponds to a set of prints.
- See if they know how to use different shades of colour.
- Evaluate if they can use a wide variety of art materials.
- Verify that know the name of basic geometric figures and can use them correctly in drawings.
- Ensure that they can understand and follow instructions.
- Confirme that they respect their own artwork and that of others.
Subida en: http://usoticenacnee.blogspot.com.es/2014/05/clil-didactic-unitsubject-arts-and.html
Teacher: Amelia Ramírez Nieto.