jueves, 29 de mayo de 2014
Landscapes and weather
“Landscapes and weather” unit of work. Subject: Science. 4th Grade of Primary Education
1. To know the main type of landscapes and their characteristics.
2. To know the different expressions related to the weather.
3. To do and understand weather informations in different places.
4. To compare and describe the weather in different cities in Spain and the UK.
5. To develop positive attitudes towards care and conservation of the physical and natural world.
Students will learn new vocabulary with a ppt presentation.
They will label and colour a drawing of a landscape.
They will listen to a description of a landscape and they have to draw it.
Where is what? Game:
Students will review the vocabulary with a ppt presentation.
The will see a map of their village and they have to write a short description (patterns will be provided) https://maps.google.es/maps?q=mapa+san+martin+de+valdeiglesias&ie=UTF-8&ei=q8V9U8ZuzZbRBYXrgZAI&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ
They have to draw a landscape and describe it to his/her partner.
Students will learn new vocabulary about weather with a ppt presentation.
Our final task will be to build a 3D map using different materials such as plasticine (mountains), blue cardboard (rivers), sand, etc
IWB, cardboard, colour pencils, sand, plasticine, worksheets, maps, white paper, pens, CD player...
Link de la plantilla:
Edurne Fuentes Pérez